Tuesday 10 February 2009

A 5,000 Mile Love Affair - Part One

Considering that we're coming up to St. Valentine's Day (and we're basically treading water until the NOA2) I thought that maybe a little background was in order.

So what do you already know?
We're married, one of us is American, the other English.

So, as this is a week for romance (if you have any brains guys, every week is a week for romance), I thought that I'd share an edited history of "Foofer & Vlad - A 5,000 Mile Love Affair" with you...

I'm an Englishman, aged forty-two, who happens to have a number of friends in the USA. Most of these friends are based in and around Las Vegas and most of them are in the entertainment business. As I only really knew them via the internet, I flew out in 2007 to meet them in person. I had what was (up until then) the best time of my life and vowed to return the next year.

My friends Siege and JazzDemon offered to let me crash at their place, an offer I happily accepted and I flew out to stay with them for two weeks in April 2008. Once I had gotten used to the time difference we had a great time going to shows and doing touristy stuff. Unfortunately I got food poisoning that knocked me off my feet for a few days - I was left dehydrated, woozy and as weak as a kitten.

I only just felt well enough to go with Siege when she went to have dinner with her friend "Foofer" [note - I found out later that Siege had postponed the dinner date to wait until I was well enough to attend - sneaky move] to celebrate Foofer's birthday a few days before...