Friday 24 April 2009

Research

With my birth certificate and police certificate safely with Foofer (I took them with me to the US), I now have to prepare to fill in my DS-230.

Okay, as well as my name and address (and Foof's too), I need to know the following information - Employment history for the last ten years (easy - I have a c.v. (a résumé)), every town in which I've lived since I turned 16 (I've always lived in the same town), all educational establishments I've attended (I checked and they want higher education - diplomas or degrees, they don't care about my infant school) and details of every visit I've made to the US (which may be tricky as they cater for a "from/to" "month/year" layout and I'm pretty sure that I've visited New Jersey twice in the same month).

Also, they'll need to know the year in which my father died.

I drew a blank.

I asked my Mum and . . . she wasn't sure either.

We couldn't find the death certificate but, fortunately, I found an old email where I mention it to a friend.

Thank goodness for the interwebz.