Tuesday 18 August 2009

Oh good - a new form! "The 3299"

I could have sworn that, in the guides I read at the start of the year, that the moving company did all of the paperwork for you. Oh well . . . here we go with form 3299 "Declaration For Free Entry Of Unaccompanied Articles". It has to be filled in in blue ink apparently and (according to the mover's instructions accompanying it) should be handed over at time of pickup (but, according to the cover note in the package, the form is one of the things that I should send to them before the time of pickup).

BTW I've sent my movers my insurance evaluation form plus copies of my passport and visa, as they requested.

The 3299 itself is a strange looking form, my movers provide lots of notes to stop me from screwing it up. There is even more information on Google (though searching for "3299" will get you the form but little else).

The 3299 arrived with a "Supplementary Declaration For Unaccompanied Personal And Household Effects" an "Alcohol Inventory" (fortunately I don't drink) and, more worryingly, a Power of Attorney form...