Tuesday 20 January 2009

Hope

Now that there's a new administration in power, maybe the long, daunting task of joining a loved one in the United States will be made shorter and easier...

On the new White House website is a page about immigration that includes the following line:
Improve Our Immigration System: Fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

Maybe this will help my wife and I or maybe we'll be the last to trawl through this current, frustrating, procedure. I'm just glad that someone in Washington is concerned about the thousands of people who have to live apart from their loved ones for months (maybe even years in some cases), kept apart by large amounts of paperwork and small numbers of immigration workers. Maybe I'm being naive, maybe I'm wrong - but for now I'm happy to hope...