Tuesday 14 July 2009

Busy busy busy

I now have an interesting list of things to do, both before and after I travel.

I shall leave the stuff I have to do once I'm in the US to another post, now I'll deal with the journey ahead, the journey to my POE (Vegas Baby!).

  • My flight is a fully flexible one that I shall move to the end of August.
  • I have to sell my car.
  • I have to sell my house .
  • I have an endowment policy on the house that needs cashing in.
  • I have to end all my financial affairs (close (or, at least, put in hibernation) bank account(s), kill credit cards, freeze pension).
  • I have to arrange for my things to be put into storage, then shipped to the US (once I've passed though the POE) and then put into storage again.
  • I have to sell, give away or dump any of my stuff that I'm not taking.
  • I have to finish work.
  • I'd like to find a job in the US.
  • I have to get to Gatwick - I've pretty much decided on option two from this post.
This list is more for my reference than for yours but I will add to it if I suddenly remember/discover any "gotchas" so it may help you prospective/potential immigrants too.

And yes, I've taken my time with this (Both Foof and I are incredible procrastinators - it's amazing how far we've come in this time considering) - expect a mad panic shortly.